Would you like to make a real difference in your local community?
Fernlea could not do the work it does without our fabulous volunteers! They are an integral part of the Fernlea team and provide support right across the organisation.
Volunteering with Fernlea can help you to connect with your community, share your skills and learn new ones, and to make a difference in your local community.
You can volunteer in one area, or across a number of areas. All volunteers receive training, and there are opportunites throughout the year to attend work.
We have volunteering opportunities in lots of different areas, including:
- Guest Volunteer - guest volunteers work closely with our day respite clients, to provide companionship and support, assist with activities and serve morning tea and lunch. You can find out more about our day respite services here
- Complementary Therapist - we have found over the years that many of our clients benefit from, and enjoy complementary therapies such as Reiki. If you are a qualified therapist in Reiki or a related field, and are willing to volunteer your services, please consider supporting Fernlea
- Driver - volunteer drivers pick up and drop off our day respite clients. Fernlea has a bus (no special licence required) and a car, or if suitable, you can use your own vehicle.
- Shop of Opportunities - our shop helps to raise funds that support the community work we do. There are a number of volunteer roles within the shop, including shop assistant, sorting, online sales or in our community garden. Find out more about our shop here
- Events - Fernlea holds fundraising events throughout the year, and this is the ideal opportunity for people who are only available to volunteer every now and then, or who really love fundraising!
- Fernlea Board of Directors - Fernlea is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, who meet monthly to ensure the strategic plan, mission and vision are being achieved, to provide financial oversight and to monitor risk
- Other opportunities - we have a range of other opportunities that arise from time-to-time, depending on what projects we are doing. If none of the volunteering roles above appeal to you, why not contact us to find out what else we have to offer.
Fernlea has an application and induction process that is designed to support our volunteers and help them get to know Fernlea. If you are ready to apply, you can download the application form on this website, fill it in and email it to email@example.com Once we receive your application, you will be contacted to come in and meet with us, where we can discuss your areas of interest, any skills you may want to share or learn, and just generally what you want to give and get from volunteering with us.
If you have any questions or need any further information, please contact our Administration Coordinator, Nicole Riley on 03-5968 6233 or firstname.lastname@example.org