Person-centred flexible respite
Fernlea has developed a unique & responsive model of care to meet the needs of our clients and their carers. Our clients can come along to one of our day respite centres, have care provided in their home through Fernlea In-Home Care, or a combination of both, depending on their changing needs, and all without lock-in contracts.
We are local and have strong connections and commitment to the local community we serve. This has many benefits including:
- in-kind and small funding provided by local businesses and community groups to support our services
- sourcing local volunteers, many of who are familiar faces amongst our clients
- sharing information
We focus on you as a person and don't allow your illness to define you.
- We are a small community organisation that accomodates a small number of guests at any one time
- Guests build relationships among each other
- We provide one on one care and in most instances our clients have the same carer looking after them
- We plan activities around our clients individual interests
Our services are holistic, person-centred and complement clinical palliative and dementia care.
- We offer Reiki and massage provided by recognised practitioners that volunteer their services
- We are supported by amazing volunteers that assist our Nurse & Personal Care Assistants
We provide chef prepared meals using quality produce grown in the gardens at the Fernlea Shop of Opportunities or sourced locally.